Comment on page
Free-to-Play & Play-to-Earn
Most NFTs games currently suffer a common issue: low player base. Many of them don’t even publish their metrics, for example, Monthly Active Users (MAU) or Daily Active Users (DAU). Before exploding in popularity, even Axie Infinity only had a MAU of 7,200 as of Oct, 2020.
The root cause is the expensive initial cost for a new player to take part in the game. They have to pay upfront a large sum of money to acquire NFTs before actually playing the game and being able to earn back their initial spending. As a result, most of the players for those games are speculators rather than players.
In the gaming industry, Free-to-Play games are convincingly dominating the scene and are projected to continue increasing in both revenue and the market share for years to come.
This Whitepaper proposes a seamless combination of both Free-to-Play and Play-to-Earn models where every player, even children can enjoy the game all while creating value and making the Play-to-Earn model true to its name by minimizing the need of high initial cost.
Players can participate in various activities on the actions such as:
- Selling in-game drops such as loot-boxes and resources on the marketplace.
- Minting heroes into NFTs and put them on auction or rent out to other players.
- Winning periodical tournaments and events hosted by Kaby game studio.
- Waging against each other in PvP mode.
- Staking their Kaby tokens or NFTs to obtain to exclusive access and preferential terms.